Sunday, March 20, 2011

I HAVE BEEN M.I.A But Busy!

Hey there! Is there anybody out there still?
It's been a while since I posted, time can really get away from you sometimes!

Even though I haven't posted I have been creating! Here are some of the cards I have created! I hope to get back into regular posting now.

This card is one that I made for the technique lovers challenge - TLC314 ~ Handmade Tickets ~ (2/28/11) ( 1 2) at SplitCoastStampers. Splitcoast is one of the best resources on the internet for paper crafters. I have been a member since I first started stamping in the fall of 2006.

The challenge was to make a card featuring a homemade ticket.

Card Recipe

Image – digi-stamp from Sassy Cheryls called Loves Healing Hands, she also has a version with a little boy. The coupon stamp is a $1.50 stamp that I purchased at Michael's. I have just started using Digital Stamps and find I enjoy the ease of access to new images and the adaptability of them in that you can change the size. The only thing that I have found a challenge is colouring them. They pick up ink from my printed image I have tried Copics and watercolour pencils but it happens with both mediums. If anybody has found a way around this, please let me know!

Paper – The paper company

Techniques – colouring with copics, distressing

Tools – Copics, Cricut Expression, Sure Cuts A Lot. Embellies – ribbon, button, fibre.

Hope you like it!

My next cards are ones that I made for the VSN at Splitcoaststampers. VSN stands for Virtual Stamp Night and they are lots of fun. This was the first one that I had a chance to participate in a very long time and it sure feels good to be back!

My thank you card was made for the first challenge of the night - FEB11VSNA - A Heart Start! The challange was hosted by Denise who is known on Splitcoast as Resqbarbie and it was a sketch challange.

 Here is the sketch:


Denise is a New York State Certified Paramedic. She designed her sketch to get your heart pumping with 4 chambers just like your heart!

We could use any shape we wanted but had to make sure we kept the four chambers.

I was thinking about things that get your heart pumping and at once, I thought of coffee, my favourite beverage as well as my nemesis! I have this great set of stamps that I think I have only used once. So I pulled them out and inked them up and here is what I came up with!


My Card Recipe:

Stamps – Coffee Break Set – A Muse

Paper – Recollections- spice market

Tools – Slice, Gel pens

The background was stamped all over with the coffee bean stamp from the A Muse Set. I used my slice to cut out the squares and the sentiment panel. The images are coloured with gel pens and I embellished with crystal hearts in keeping with the theme.

Hope you like it!


The next VSN Challenge was hosted by LuvLee & Ashley FEB11VSNB - Heart Song which was an inspiration challenge. They challenged us to be inspired by out "Heart Song" which in my case was my Wedding song – Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk.

The first concert George and I went to, along with my son Joshua, was Chantal Kreviazuk. At that time she was just becoming known with her song Leaving on a jet plane. At the end of the concert she introduced her newest song, "Feels Like Home." It was at that point, holding hand with George that I knew that we were together for life and I really had found my home.

Years later when we were married there was no doubt in my mind what song would be playing as I walked down the hallway of my home to stand in front of the fireplace next to my soon to be Husband. By the time I reached my destination there was not a dry eye amongst the 50 plus people we had managed to squeeze into the living room on that December evening, including George. I peaked sideways at him to see tears rolling down his cheek. I was definitely home.


My card reflects all that the best I could. The house in winter nestled in amongst snowflakes softly falling behind it and hearts puffing happily out of the chimney. It has been 8 years now and I still feel that way, if anything I love him even more.

My Card Recipe –

No stamps!

Image – Cricut and Sir Cuts A lot with Free SVG file I found on the net.

Paper – recollections and AC Speciality paper (Silver Foil)

Tequnique – die cutting and embossing, Tools – Cricut Expression, Sir Cuts A Lot, Cuttlebug, Embellies – ribbon and glitter.

Well that is enough for now! I still have a couple of more cards to share and I will soon! I think I have thrown enough at you for one day!


Be Happy and Be Kind!

Debby

3 comments:

iPhone Application Development said...

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me, you give me best information indeed! Thanks, very good post

iPhone Developers said...

Now that surprised me as i really never had an outlook on the subject like that. iPhone Application

PersonalInjurylawfirms said...

• When it comes to personal injuries, Personal Injury Law Firm can only help you ascertain your case in an effortless way
• Promote your well-being.
• Moreover, they can fight for your legal troubles and losses in an effortless manner.
• So, in a limitless law world, employ one of our ruthless legal representative from the personal injury law firms for all your injury claims and further losses. please get in touch with our personal injury law firms + 1-727-410-8468.