Monday, May 31, 2010

Always Good To Be The Baby Of the Family!

Happy 61st Donna!

My oldest sister, Donna turned 61 on May 29th! Now when one of my siblings has a birthday, it's a happy day for me, because I am the baby of the family and will always be the youngest!
I look at it as redemption for all the younger years when I was "too young to come too" or "too young to understand" or heard the all to common "Do we have to take her, Mom?!?"

Here is the card that I made for Donna. I actually got to participate in Splitcoast Stampers Monday Technique Challenge for last week with this card. Their challenge was to create a card using the black magic technique. You can find a tutorial for the technique here. In the Video you will notice that she uses water colour pencils.
I actually used my Stampin' Up's Water Color Wonder Crayons - Bold Brights. First I stamped and heat embossed the images using white embossing powder. Then I applied several coats of white paint to the design and let that dry over night, once that was dry I applied the colored layers. The layers are punched with an ek success slim boarder punch. The stamps are the Best Wishes and Blooms set from the Unity Stamp Company . Both of these items were purchased at The Paperie. To finish off the card I embossed the sentiment and added some ribbon as well as another flower that I cut out after I painted it and popped it up with dimensionals.
The inside is done with an insert I cut with my Cricut and added a matching ribbon to tie the whole design together.
Donna was thrilled with the card and actually is planning to bring it home and frame it! Now is that a compliment or what

No comments: