Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick and Easy...or should that be Quack and Easy!

Duck, Duck, Goose!

Those three words always bring a smile to my face along with memories of sitting in a circle with my friends waiting to become the all-powerful goose!!!
Here is a quick and fun card I made for my 6 year old Godson to take to a birthday party. It illustrates all the basic fundimentals of cardmaking. There is the base of the card which is from the paper company which is half a 8.5 and 11 sheet cut in half and folded. I turned the card lengthwise as it fit with the layout the best. The designer paper is "Dad's Socks" By Bella Blvd which I bought at The Paperie. Then I used a beige piece of card stock that I embossed with the argyle embossing folder from Provo craft with my Cuttlebug. For the image layer I used a Limited Edition Basic Grey set, Duck Duck Goose! that I purchased at The Paperie. It was one of those sets that you want the minute you lay eyes on it! The duck stamp was stamped twice and then the goose to make Duck Duck Goose! of course! Then each of the stamps was repeated on a separate sheet of white card stock I colored the heads cut them out and placed pop dots on the back and stuck them in the matching place to give the figures some dimension. Hope you like the card!

No comments: